We currently have an opening for a Senior Web Developer who will mainly work on development of enterprise scale ecommerce and video commerce platforms. Applicants must possess a vast working knowledge including but not limited to the following topics.
Education and Training
BA, BS or AAS in computer science, MIS, networking, programming or related area or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2 – 5 years or equivalent working knowledge and skill as a developer/programmer, web developer with at least one year in an agency/marketing or ecommerce environment.
- Established analytical skills for evaluating improvements to process and system flow
- Proven ability to effectively execute project deliverables from established technical requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency in UI construction, ensuring the integrity of the UI throughout the development lifecycle while optimizing for the user experience and search engines
- Established development language skill sets with the desire to learn new methodologies independently
- Must be articulate, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to explain both abstract and technical concepts effectively
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast paced, professional environment
- Ability to understand site functionality and customer expectations of assigned responsibilities
- Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects
- Must actively study and apply new trends in markup, marketing, web development, e-commerce and design
- Must have outstanding creativity, attention to detail, and concern for accuracy
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment
- OOP with PHP
- PHP frameworks such as Zend, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, etc.
- ‘Web 2.0’ Standards
- Intricate knowledge of wordpress development and themeing
- XML, and RSS
- Must have a great working knowledge of SEO and Web Analytics
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux – Knowledge of Apache web server
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2003 and IIS
- Must know how to use Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of mobile development would be a BIG plus
- Cocoa/iPhone Application Development
- Magento Ecommerce Development Experience
- Experience with OpenEdge Progress is a plus
- IT and Networking Experience
This is NOT a work from home, freelance or outsourced position. Please send resumes (.doc, .docx, or .pdf only please), portfolios and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who do not meet the qualifications we are do have internship positions available in related areas. Please state that you are interested in an internship position when you email your resume.